Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 · 16 Comments

Enter stage right…

Well, it has definitely been a whirlwind of a week.

It first started with a baby shower… well, actually a few days prior to the baby shower, when I decided to undertake the task of being crafty.  Mind you, I am not a scrapbooker or all around crafty kind of gal.  Artistic, yes, but crafty, no.  So, I gave it a shot and this was the end result:

The front:

DSC_0415

And the back:

DSC_0416

I am going to be an aunt twice over in September.  Both of my SIL’s are due within a few days of one another.  The younger one is having her first baby, so she was having a baby shower this past Saturday.  My other SIL is having her second, so I decided to not make her feel left out at the shower and with the left over diapers made this:

The front:

DSC_0417

The back:

DSC_0418

After finishing the second diaper cake I have been looking for any excuse to make more.  So, anyone planning to have a baby in the near future – call me… I want to make more of these…

And to tell you about the rest of the week, I would probably bore you to death – cooking, baking, cleaning, parenting, etc.

Oh yeah, and the second Slip and Slide extravaganza – but that’s for another post… it’s way too juicy and needs to given it’s own 15 minutes of fame in the blogosphere, so get prepared for your feed readers to get bombarded with a bunch of shirtless men again… soon…

16 responses so far ↓

• 1 Shamelessly Sassy // Aug 6, 2008 at 10:02 PM

I love diaper cakes! They are so cute.

Shamelessly Sassy’s last blog post..Waxing and Waning Emotional Mother

• 2 Zoeyjane // Aug 6, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I want to have a baby, now, just so I can get one of those cakes! Those are GORGEOUS!

Zoeyjane’s last blog post..Proof!

• 3 OHmommy // Aug 6, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Look out Martha Stewart…..

OHmommy’s last blog post..The Anniversary: a bit of TMI

• 4 A Whole Lot of Hooch // Aug 6, 2008 at 10:27 PM

aDOOOOORable!

I want one for my sister’s shower next month!

A Whole Lot of Hooch’s last blog post..Wordless 7.16.8 – Pet the Penguin, Dammit

• 5 jae // Aug 6, 2008 at 11:17 PM

I have THREE babies in the family coming up — a niece pregnant with twins, and a niece-by-marriage pregnant with her second (the oldest will be 18 months when this one is born). Email me, if you don’t mind. These would be PERFECT for both of them.

• 6 dysfunctional mom // Aug 7, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Those turned out great! Totally adorable.

dysfunctional mom’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Hope

• 7 Tara R. // Aug 8, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Those are gorgeous! I love that… I need to try to make one of those for a new mom friend of mine. Very cool!

Tara R.’s last blog post..Friday Blessings ~ 6

• 8 Ambajam // Aug 13, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Wow- that is really cute! You are very talented.

Ambajam’s last blog post..Softest Baby Blankets Ever

• 9 Mozi Esme's Mommy // Aug 14, 2008 at 11:02 PM

These are SO cute! I am in awe.

Mozi Esme’s Mommy’s last blog post..Meet Mavinga

• 10 Suzie // Aug 15, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Wow look at that you are one talented lady

Suzie’s last blog post..Pass The Chicken Soup

• 11 jenn // Aug 16, 2008 at 8:27 AM

WOW!!! you are so talented!! I love LOVE love these!! These are just perfect!! I love them both equally. The colors are great the layout is just awesome… I think you did a kick-ass job!! :)

Way to go!!

I bet the ladies that you gave them to LOVED them as well. They are too pretty to take apart… well unless you took tons of 0f pictures of them first. ;)

xoxoxoxo

jenn’s last blog post..New Pictures!

• 12 Irene // Aug 16, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Those are awesome!!!! I would love to learn how to make something like that. I am also not crafty at all.

Irene’s last blog post..Photostory Friday – Getting THE shot!!!!

• 13 LaskiGal // Aug 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM

I just realized this post was written awhile ago . . . but who cares. They are still fantabulous!!! You have a major talent.

I’ll let you know when Baby #2 is on the way :)

LaskiGal’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: You May Live

• 14 Ashley // Aug 27, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Hey, where did you go! No plurk and no latest posts. ARe you okay? Please email me, it’s important! Hope you are alright!

Ashley’s last blog post..Not FDA Approved

• 15 Secret Agent Mama // Sep 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM

DUDE!! You so need to go into biz for this!!

Secret Agent Mama’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: The Train

• 16 Paul // Sep 10, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Hey, where’ve ya been?

Paul’s last blog post..Ugh?