Mondays are when my life gets turned upside down after a weekend of destruction of the house. My “to do ” list begins on Monday and I thought I would share today the things that are on my plate starting today and for the week to come. It is an especially important list because Al’s official 5th birthday party is this coming Saturday at our house.
1. Finish laundry daily (yes, if I keep up with it then I may have a load or two per day): and by “finish” I mean wash, dry, fold, hang and put away.
2. Clean the downstairs bathroom. That bathroom is the one that is attached to the laundry room right when you come in from the garage so it gets the most yuck in it and all over it.
3. Clean the downstairs family room!!! So embarassing…
4. Go through last week’s paperwork. It is piled up on my couch (as you can see in the picture above) and depending on the piece of paperwork, needs to be thrown out, shredded, paid, or filed.
5. Do the dishes. Doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I have to skinny down the amount of dishes I have because they are not all fitting in the cupboards and drawers anymore. My Starbucks cup fell out the other day when I opened the cupboard and smashed on the counter. It had no room to be there in the first place.
6. Go grocery shopping. This actually takes a bit of time on my part because I am that OCD list maker type and I have three weeks of coupons to cut out of my Sunday papers and file them in my “extreme couponing” binder. Yeah, I’m that crazy lady at the cash register.
7. Get my TAXES FINISHED! I have had everything ready in a big file called “Taxes 2011″ but I haven’t filled out that damn organizer thing that I need to send to my tax man. This is a total procrastination on my part.
8. Clean the upstairs main area. This includes dusting my living room, washing the leather couches, vacuuming, cleaning off the dining room table and wiping down the entire kitchen.
9.Clean and organize the upstairs main bathroom. OMG, this is a big one that I have again been procrastinating about, but I have to have it done by Saturday.
10. Try to go to get to sleep everyday before 11:30pm this week. I will report back on Sunday to make myself accountable for this one.
Ok, wish me luck! I technically have 6 days this week to get this Mayhem in order somehow.